LIBERATION POWER MINISTRIES INC.
PORT HARCOURT HEADQUARTERS
SUNDAY MORNING TEACHING
TOPIC: HEALING OF RELATIONSHIPS
TEXT: Ps. 133: 1-3; Luke 17: 1 – 4; Matt. 18:15-20.
It is yet another moment for the study of God’s word. Today, our study is on how to keep a healthy relationship or how sick and faulty relationship could be healed.
It is important to know from the onset that God created us for relationships. When Adam was created, God said, it is not good that the man be alone. We are created and recreated to relate one with another. See, Malachi 3:16 and the exhortation in Heb. 10:25.
Relationships must be kept and honoured. We shall treat this topic under 3 subtitles.
- IMPORTANCE OF RELATIONSHIPS: Gal. 6: 1-2; Heb. 10:23-25; Mal. 3:16; Ps. 133:1-3;
Relationship is the friendship, contact, communications etc which exist between people either by birth, marriage or friendship for a common good.
It is important in many ways
- It conquers the problem of loneliness
- It gives birth to fellowship and friendship.
- It opens the door for support.
- It is an avenue for strength through combined efforts.
- Gives birth to better and greater achievement.
- It supports spiritual strength for victory.
- Brings about encouragement and comfort in challenging times.
- ENEMIES OF PROFITABLE RELATIONSHIPS: Prov. 26: 20; Prov. 25:9; Pro.16:28;
John 12:4-6; Eph. 4:25-31.
For a relationship to be profitable and lasting, some of there should be check, if possible avoided. The lack of these checks brings about the breaking down of so many relationships. These must be avoided. (1) Pride (2) Greed (3) Selfishness (4) Keeping of malice (5) Inability to forgive and forget (6) Inferiority/Superiority complex (7) Suspicion (8) Faulty finding (8) Violent anger (9) tale bearing / gossip (11) Inability to accept faulty. (12) Inability to know and appreciate the likes and dislikes of the other person.
All these are dangerous enemies of profitable relationships.
- HOW TO HEAL AND MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS: Matt. 18:15-17; Eph. 4:1-3; Eph. 4:32; Eph. 5:1-2.
To be able to heal broken relationships and to maintain profitable relations, the following should be considered.
- Respect each other’s views and values.
- Be ready to forgive and forget.
- Decide to tolerate and suffer wrong
- Don’t give up the aggrieved partner but go after him in love.
- Pray for restoration of broken relationship.
- Confess your faults one to another and prayer for one another.
- Don’t carry problems to third party in form of gossip. Read this 13:1.