LIBERATION POWER MINISTRIES INC.
PORT HARCOURT HEADQUARTERS
SUNDAY MORNING TEACHING
TOPIC: SEEING GOD
TEXT: Matt. 5:8; Job. 19:25-27
MEMORY VERSE: Job 19:25-27
“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me”.
Today, we are considering the blessedness of the pure heart. Christianity is a heart religion and not that of outward show which cumulates in the keeping of Mosaic laws – we have three groups of people in this Bible study. They are:
- Those who are morally defiled Rom. 3:23
- Those who abstain from the outward impurities which God has forbidden. 1John 3:9,4
- Those whose hearts have been made pure Matt. 5:8.
Which group do you belong to?. The heart of true Christianity is PURITY OF HEART. This is a subject that has been ignored or stood against by false teachers of all ages, in effect, causing or encouraging inward corruptions.
- CONDITIONS FOR SEEING GOD:- Matt. 5:8; Heb. 12:14
The longing in the heart of every creature of God is to see his Creator. How should it then be with those who have been redeemed and who have experienced God’s love shed abroad in our hearts. Rom. 5:5; 1:8; 14; John 1:12. He want to ascend to God and God also wants us to come to him but His purer eyes cannot behold iniquity within us. Habakkuk. 1:13. If you must enjoy all things that pertain to life and godliness in this world, you must see God. If you must go to heaven, you must see God. But to see God demands of you a PURE HEART. This is the secret of all blessedness and true happiness in this world and getting to heaven. The conditions set before us as a challenge this hour are:
- Being pure as He is pure 1John 3:3
- Cleansing yourself from all sinfulness of flesh and spirit. 2Cor. 7:1
- Perfect holiness in the fear of God. 2Cor. 7:1
- Loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength Mk. 12:30.
- CARING TO SEE GOD: Matt. 5:8
You must be pure in heart to enable you enjoy the unlimited blessedness of seeing God daily and in the preparation for the fitness of ever living with Him thought all eternity. You will see God here on earth:-
- In all His providences relating to you, spirit, soul, and body, 1Thess. 5:23; 2Pet. 1:3,4
- In all His ordinances and promises as you search His Holy oracles, or hear His ministers Psa. 1:1-3.
- In your closet as you pour your hearts before Him. Matt. 6:6-8
This is a fit preparation for the mansions in heaven above where you will see Him truly as He is. 1John 3:1-3; Eph. 5:25-27.
Caring to see God? You will totally separate yourself from every form of pollutions/filthiness (2Cor. 6:14-18), abstain from all that have the appearances of evil (1Thess. 5:22) and call upon God trusting in His faithfulness to sanctify you as a child whom He loves. 1Thess. 5:24.